Coshocton, OH (740) 622-9795
Canton, OH (330) 477-9680
psi industrial solutions
is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol free workplace which also conducts pre-employment drug testing.
If you have visited our website, in search of information on employment opportunities, or apply for a position and you require an accommodation, please contact the PSI Industrial Solutions HR Department at (740) 622-9795.
Back to Career Center
In a perfect world, our workplaces are without hazards. Safety audits are conducted as a vital part of compliance and our core safety practice. They provide a means of identifying potential safety hazards before they happen.
We know that our reputation is only as good as the results of our last job. That's why we pride ourselves on a results-oriented approach.
Annual refresher training courses of our existing OSHA 10-Hour and 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification programs are required of all employees.
The Operator is responsible for driving and operating a vacuum truck. In addition, the Operator is also responsible for running water blast pumps, and the routine maintenance of all components of the vacuum system and water blast pumps. Operators also train and fill in as Technicians when required.
- At a minimum, possess and maintain a class "B" CDL with Tanker Endorsement and without Airbrake Restriction; 1 (one) year of driving experience using a 10-speed transmission; and less than 3 moving violations in previous 3 years.
- Be proficient at driving 3-axle top-heavy equipment and pulling small heavy trailers.
- Be mechanically inclined and possess good troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work well with others. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English at a level sufficient to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in all situations.
- Familiarity with all laws, policies, and practices relating to safe working conditions and DOT (and other government) regulations.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Promotes Safety as the number one priority, and Quality as the number two priority.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment, including required paperwork.
- Inspects job site prior to the work starting, to determine whether all project requirements and safety issues are addressed in the JSA.
- Participates with the rest of the crew in the entire setup of the job.
- Attends "Toolbox Safety Meetings" with crew prior to job start, including JSA review.
- Utilizes all required equipment during the job in a safe and efficient manner; handles routine maintenance issues on equipment as needed.
- Accepts job assignment rotations at the jobsite and assists in (cross-) training of technicians on proper operation of the vacuum truck as directed.
- Uses proper PPE at all times, and reports accidents immediately to the job-site supervisor.
- Shares in the responsibility of tearing down the job as a crew, which includes vacuum truck-related duties as well as other aspects of the "teardown" process.
- Fosters a "team approach" atmosphere, displays a positive attitude, contributes to the "continuous improvement" philosophy, and performs other duties as deemed necessary.
- Helps to maintain positive customer relations for the company.
- Ensures proper cleanup and housekeeping of the jobsite upon job completion.
- Cleans out the vac truck and disposes of the waste on-site, or, if designated by your Crew Leader, at a pre-approved disposal site.
- Returns equipment and supplies to their designated storage locations; cleans and maintains all equipment upon return to the shop.
- Timely completes/submits the manifest on waste disposal, and all other post-job paperwork.
- "Red Tags" any equipment in need of repair/maintenance by the Mechanic.
- Complies with all laws, company policies & procedures, and customer rules & regulations.
Coshocton/Canton, OH - United States
Position Type: VAC TRUCK OPERATORS/DRIVERS