Coshocton, OH (740) 622-9795
Canton, OH (330) 477-9680
PSI INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS
PSI Industrial Solutions is a drug and alcohol free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
If you have visited our website, in search of information on employment opportunities, or apply for a position and you require an accommodation, please contact the PSI Industrial Solutions HR Department at (740) 622-9795.
Back to Career Center
In a perfect world, our workplaces are without hazards. Safety audits are conducted as a vital part of compliance and our core safety practice. They provide a means of identifying potential safety hazards before they happen.
We know that our reputation is only as good as the results of our last job. That's why we pride ourselves on a results-oriented approach.
Annual refresher training courses of our existing OSHA 10-Hour and 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification programs are required of all employees.
The Field Supervisor is responsible for leading one or more work teams (of typically 3-5 people) at a job-site. These work teams consist of Technicians, Operators, and/or Crew Leaders. The Field Supervisor may act as a "working Supervisor", and on single-crew jobs, is the primary representative of the Company with that customer.
- Must have completed all phases (Tech I, Tech II, CDL Driver/Operator, Crew Leader) of training and be proficient with the technical and administrative requirements of the position.
- Possess a Class "B" CDL with Tanker Endorsement.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of progressive experience in our field, pass a proficiency test, and complete the Supervisor Workshop.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills and be able to oversee multiple jobs at one site.
- Possess good communication skills to interact with customers, co-workers, and management, along with good troubleshooting abilities.
- Familiarity with all laws, policies, and practices relating to safe working conditions, particularly relating to job-specific safety equipment and PPE requirements.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Promotes Safety as the number one priority, and Quality as the number two priority on the job.
- Leads and directs the activities of assigned personnel, and holds them accountable for their responsibilities. Shows proper respect for people and equipment with whom and to which you come in contact.
- Loads out the company equipment for the job with the help of work crew, and checks Load-Out Sheet to ensure all necessary equipment is available at the job-site.
- Conducts "Toolbox Safety Meetings" with crew prior to job start, including JSA review.
- Assigns tasks for the work crew on the job to ensure job completion in a timely manner, which should include "hands-on" participation as needed on each task.
- Rotates job assignments at the job-site to minimize fatigue and maximize cross-training.
- Routinely checks on the use of proper PPE, and the operating performance of all safety-related equipment such as air monitors, supplied air, etc.
- Uses proper PPE at all times, and reports incidents/accidents immediately to the Safety Department.
- Insures compliance with all PSI, customer, local, state and federal safety policies, rules and laws, including corresponding paperwork.
- Inspects all areas of the completed job to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Fosters a "team approach" atmosphere, always displays a positive attitude, contributes to the "continuous improvement" philosophy, and other duties as deemed necessary.
- Fills out the work order for the job, including the safety sheet and service log.
- Maintains positive customer relations for the company.
- Ensures proper cleanup and housekeeping of the job-site upon job completion.
- Coordinates the return of equipment & supplies and equipment cleanup upon return to the shop.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on all equipment used on the job, excluding those completed by Operators for the equipment they drive.
- "Red Tags" any equipment in need of repair/maintenance by the Mechanic.
- Authorizes crew's timesheets in writing daily upon return to the shop.
- Attends/conducts training sessions and meetings with employees, staff and customers as directed.
- Complies with all laws, company policies & procedures, and customer rules & regulations.
Coshocton/Canton, OH - United States
Position Type: Field Supervisor